tire recommendations?

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Bob proclaimed:

Is any construction going on currently between Hwy 119 [Longmont] and the Wyoming border on I-25? Enough that it would make sense to hop off I-80 onto 287 and come down that way? Next coupla weeks?

Reply to
Lon

Use the chalk method to determine your best tire pressure. Find a flat road and mark across your tires (all 4) with the chalk. Drive a few yards and see what part wears off. If it wears off in the middle you are overinflated. If it wears off on the edges you are underinflated. I start at about 28lbs on

Reply to
Richard Harris

Reply to
Richard Harris

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
David C. Moller

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

The 80 pound limit is for the tire at it's maximum load capacity, not the vehicle. That same sized tire can be used on many vehicles, some which are MUCH heavier than a TJ.

Tom

snip

Reply to
mabar

I don't know of any significant construction going on up there. I don't ever drive up that way, though, so I can't say for sure. The I-25 T-Rex construction is just down in the Denver area. I live in South Denver, and luckily don't have to use I-25 to get to work; I just use it when going out in town for drinks after work ;-) I haven't gone North for any trail runs yet this season, either. We're going up to the Ft. Collins area this weekend, but that's still south of where you're talking about.

Sorry I can't be more help...

Reply to
Bob

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
twaldron

Bob proclaimed:

No problem. Just that I figure this trip I might stay on 80 all the way to 25 since I'll be heading in from way out left. That way I might miss the chat with the nice Colorado officer just inside the state line on 287.

Reply to
Lon

Reply to
Richard Harris

Nope, the maximum load for the LT245/75R16 is actually 3,042 lb @ 80 psi:

http://t> I think they mean the tire wheel combination weighs 80lbs. If you put 80psi

Reply to
Steve

Reply to
twaldron

Reply to
twaldron

Then multiply that by 4 tires and you can load your TJ up to 12168 lb.! LOL!

Mike

Steve wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

I'm not saying it means run them at the full 80 psi on the TJ, but NOT

29 psi either, as the door jam states.

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III wrote:

Reply to
twaldron

I'd go lower than 29... Use the chalk method..

Reply to
Richard Harris