TJ key stolen; so can you *delete* a transponder key from the Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS)?

Suppose you had your TJ's ignition key stolen, one of the transponder types that works with the Sentry Key Immobilizer System (SKIS).

I understand the "customer learn" procedure to program in a new key, so you can use an aftermarket key, etc.

But is there a way to *delete* a (missing or stolen) key from the SKIS so that it won't work again in the vehicle?

Maybe this is done only with the Secured Access Mode via DRBIII and the SKIM PIN?

Or maybe you have to start over with a new SKIM?

Reply to
Richard J Kinch

Not a lot of help, but here goes...

If I remember correctly, you can delete *all* keys using the DRBIII, but not selectively delete a single key.

I know you can't program a key that's already programmed for another vehicle. I'm not sure your remaining keys can be re-programmed for your vehicle. Seems to me that you should be able to, but it's been a long time and my memory isn't as good as it used to be.

Reply to
bllsht

That's my understanding. The computer holds a max of 8 keys, but I'm not sure if you can roll keys off the system by reprogramming.

Reply to
DougW