best way to lift 97 TJ for 33" tires

97 TJ all stock cept 4 the tires and wheels. I have 31x10.5 now. I'd like to step up to 33" tires with a some lift. This is a daily driver, but I take it off-road a few times a year, so on-road performance is as important as off-road. The pre-packaged lift kits seem really expensive. Are they worth it? Or could I just get some longer springs and some spacers and achieve enough lift for the 33's?

Thanks, Dennis

Reply to
Dennis Cox

Def. worth it. Dangerous to mess with springs like that. however expect to have to change some additonal things depending on the lift height. Things like the pitman arm, lowering transfer case, steering damper, reinforcing the rear axle to prevent movement/binding. Skyjacker kits are nice and would have most of what you need in the kit 2.5 to 4in lift should be fine i would think. Skyjacker kit you can get higher later if you want. Handle fine on the road. Not easy to install. Just like anything pay if you want to play.

Brian Hubley

You typically get what you pay for, that's for sure. Even the most basic 3" kits typically include things like bump stops, track bar brackets, transfer case lowering kit, etc. I don't think you'd want to just slap some springs/spacers on.

Another th>97 TJ

Reply to
David C. Moller