TJ Muffler recommendation

My '97 TJ 6Cyl needs a muffler. What is the best way to go? and where is the best price? Many thanks jimmy

Reply to
Jimmy

Hi Jimmy, It depends on how much noise you are willing to tolerate. I put in a Banks header and muffler in my 98TJ a couple of months ago. I dumped the muffler the next day because the constant rumble was giving me a headache on the highway. Almost all brand name mufflers in the various jeep catalogs are also fairly loud.

I prefer peace and quiet on the trails, so I replaced it with a stock factory muffler (~$200). You could probably find a good aftermarket muffler at NAPA or Midas for ~$100-150. Hope this helps. Regards,

Guri Sandhu

98TJ
Reply to
G.Sandhu