97 TJ heater ?

We just bought a haynes manual for tips on heater core replacement but it is very incomplete (89-2000 wrangler) on TJ`s. Is it necessary to remove dash & discharge air to replace a leaking core? What is the procedure? thanks Dick

Reply to
dick

Sorry, I can't help with the procedure, but I can say with certainty that your new Haynes manual will leave you scratching your head on most jobs you attempt to undertake.

Reply to
J Strickland

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III

Ya it's a big pain... gotta take out the dash, passenger seat also would make things easier, discharge the ac, somehow undo the crimp (2 of them) in the ac line they put in, before the firewall undo about 7 bolts on the firewall, and one of them has two nuts on it, one is behind the bracket you'll see after taking the first one off. Then the big black box that you rip out has to be taken apart to get to the core.

I tried to do this myself once.

Pay someone to do it for you is what I say.

Since my jeep is no longer my daily driver (and I broke alot of stuff trying to do it myself) I removed the heating/ac totally. Gonna put an onboard air system where the factory ac compressor used to be.

btw haynes sux i tried lookin at that too for this job.

Troy

Reply to
Troy

Reply to