Torched my Flairs

Well after reading some of the posts about ugly flairs, i took another look at my original ones,on my 90YJ, Yup, there ugly and the drivers front had a nice crease in the corner, and as there leaving the jeep in a few months(getting wider ones) i figured what the ell, got my plumbing torch out, and went over the fenders slowly with the heat from the torch turned up all the way so there was a wide flame, went a little quicker near the paint,,,grin, there now nice and shinny new cept one spot where my attenion got deverted,,little bubbles,,,grrrrr,,, i also got the creece(spellin) out of the front fender by heating it up and pushing it out from the underside,

NOT that id sugest this to anyone, specialy the drivers rear as in GAS-TANK,,,,Fumes,,,, , johnp

Reply to
scopenutt

We're please to see that after nearly 30 years of complaints from owners Jeep has finally fixed the fading flares issue: They now make them Gray instead of Black!

Reply to
SoK66

Reply to
FrankW

Jeep recently went back to black after many complaints about the gray... though who knows if the "new" black is more fade resistant than the old black. :)

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

I imagine taking them off the Jeep first would have been a better & safer idea ;)

Reply to
griffin

...why do that and take away all the potential "fun with fire"????

Reply to
SoK66

The bastards! And just when we thought they'd turned the corner!

Reply to
SoK66

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

that would here if, as it looks, the wheels stick out more than an inch.

Reply to
Dave Milne

Here they can't stick out at all and they really do enforce it quite a bit (both the safety shops and traffic police).

I thought about making custom aluminum flares but I haven't got around to trying out my idea yet. Maybe next summer. I don't rock-crawl often and nothing serious when I do so I figure they shouldn't get too badly banged up. I imagine they'd be a lot easier to clean and look a lot nicer too. I'll post some pics if I end up doing it (I should probably check if it's legal first ;p)

Reply to
griffin

thats Ok , I torched the ones on my 98, except now mine have become a faded green patchy along with the grey color now. I am glad I stopped at one. guess I should paint them now and become a Sahara??

Reply to
Joe

Joe did pass the time by typing:

Ever tried that "Krylon Fusion" paint?

DougW

that paint is good , i paint some motorcycle parts with it, good finish too

--

-- LE CLONE

279 Notre-Dame Gatineau, Qc J8P 1K6 (819) 643-0511 SANS FRAIS 1 888 643 0511 NOUVEAU REVENDEUR AUTORISEE SERVICE INTERNET

snipped-for-privacy@leclone.com

Patrick

We can't have tyres sticking out at all in New Zealand. So I went with narrower, but taller tyres. What fun in mud.

TW

--

01 TJ Renegade 4.0L Auto Dana 30/44 265/75R16 BFG Muds, JKS discos
Reply to