traditional bikini top with windjammer in winter?

If it's in good working order, does the heater on late 70's CJ put out enough heat to make a North Carolina winter bearable with a traditional bikini top and windjammer? I mean wearing a light jacket and long pants and not freezing kind of bearable. We only get down to the 20s during the coldest part of our winters. I mean with full doors, of course. Thank you.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

jeeez, Trav! you have driven a bug in the winter, right? Hell yeah, that setup would be completely comfortable! If you can drive a bug in the winter, you can drive anything!

8~)>

-- bob z. p.s.

Reply to
bob zee

hi travis, see

for a cheap cj blowerupgrade.

Reply to
Nathan Collier

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:21:47 -0500, "bob zee" shared the following:

Yeah, with the windows down after putting using John Henry's idea for the heater system modification. ;-)

Cool deal. thanks.

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 12:28:30 GMT, "Nathan Collier" shared the following:

Thanks, Nathan! I bookmarked that in case I find myself getting cold later... :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

I had a 1960 VW Bug when I was a teenager and I needed an ice scraper for the INSIDE of the windshield for Cleveland winters.

Tom

Reply to
mabar

LOL!

I had a 68 and the same trip, by the time I had finished scraping the inside I had to start all over at -10 or -20...

Mike

mabar wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:56:08 -0400, Mike Romain shared the following:

I had more problems with my intake manifold getting iced up than my windows. I got a long length of thick copper wire and wrapped it about 20 turns around my exhaust header and then up to the intake manifold to keep it warm enough to prevent icing. Worked like a champ. :-)

-- Travis

meek shall inherit the earth. After I'm finished with it.:wq!

Reply to
travis

We had swingy wet to deep freeze weather and more than a few times I had to pull the plugs and put them in the heat to get the ice out of them from condensation...

Mike

travis wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

travis wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Listen to me. I bought a YJ in Nevada, with top and half-doors but missing side curtains...it was a repo. I transported it to the East Coast, first week of October. Weather was phenomenal - no rain, sunny and seasonably warm.

I FROZE MY ASS OFF!!!

Crossing the Rockies, the temperature at Dillon and Vale was about 45. I went through at midday. The heat was on full, and the heater was putting out like it should.

By the time I got to Golden I was hypothermic, I swear to God.

Never mind your heater. You need a full top or you need a winter car. Them's your choices.

Reply to
Jeepers Creepers!

I'll give you an idea about what I'm looking at when I get the chance and that is to take a full hard top and cut it right by the windows to make a half cab.

Because the full hard top is such a pain in the arss to put on and take off. Find a full hard top that's damaged in the back that someone is selling for cheap. Then cut it just to the front of the side windows and across the top. Then you'll need some kind of "filler" material to...... Hey, I just thought. Maybe a scrambler half hard top bulk head might work in conjunction with the windjammer...

oh well, you get the idea. Just a idea to get the best of both worlds.

hth,

Bill

Reply to
William Oliveri