Transmission Noise Help

I have a problem with my 96 Jeep GC (V8) - 77,000 miles. When I start the jeep when cold, the transmission makes a whining (groaning) sound. As soon as you shift to any gear from Park, it quits. After it gets warm it also quits. It seems that the colder it is getting, the worse it is getting. The fluid was changed about 15,000 miles ago with new filter and the bands were adjusted. Before and after the fluid change, everything was fine. This just started.

Any help is greatly appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Curtis

Reply to
Curtis Rager

Hi Curtis, Check the transmission's level, engine running, hot and on level ground. I think you'll find it one pint low. God Bless America, ßill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

"Curtis Rager

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Bill,

I just checked the transmission level today. Hot, on level ground, running in Neutral and the level was fine. Any more thoughts?

Curtis

Reply to
Curtis Rager