Transmission Skid Plate

Hey Gang, Was it my imagination or did my skid plate lift the front end of my transmission when reattaching? After changing my trans fluid (automatic) & filter it appeared that the transmission did rest and lift with the skid plate. Should I drop that heavy arse plate and check the trans mounting bolts and also alighnment? How many bolts support the transmission on my 97 TJ? Would I check the alignment fore & aft, port & starboard? Thanks, Steve

Reply to
popeyeball

The skid plate does support the transfer case (so you should support it if removing the skid plate).

Dave Milne