True-Track LSD in D30 (TJ) front axle?

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

But Bill, you have a spool, not a locker or a limited slip. Of course a spool is going to be a handful to aim where you want it to go. I can even see you getting out to unlock one of the hubs on occasion, just so you can get around a simple corner.

Reply to
CRWLR

After you were trying to tell everyone how theirs acts....

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Locked with an autolocker, Bill's right in that a spool will cause you problems.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

Now I am confused - not about the reality of what really happens, but about what you guys are saying. .

Hubs locked OR hubs unlocked, in 2WD an autolocker (like a Detroit or LockRight) is absolutely no problem, despite what Bill might have to say.

Hubs locked in 2WD with a spool is going to be a difficult drive. Hubs unlocked in this instance should be no particular problem.

Reply to
CRWLR

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

(a) Why is that? (b) A True-Trac is not spring loaded anyway so again it's irrelevant to the OP....

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo
Matt Macchiarolo

Exactly.

  • * * Matt Macchiarolo