Tyre Pressures

Hi everyone I need some advice, I have just fitted a new set of BF Goodrich T/As 235/70/16 to my 2002 Cherokee (Liberty) and I unsure of the tyre pressures for them. Will they be the same as the Wranglers I have just wore out, which were 33psi or can any one tell me what they are running in their BF T/As......... Many thanks

Reply to
FWoodside

Normally if you go up in size, you can drop the air a bit, but only a lb or two.

You can do a chalk test to see how much rubber you have on the road. Put a bunch of chalk marks across the tire and drive straight a few feet and see what is left. A good footprint will have an inch or so at the sides max.

Mike

FWoodside wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

On Mon, 23 May 2005 18:10:17 -0400 in , Mike Romain graced the world with this thought:

water tracks work well too. JP or one of those magazines did a pretty extensive article a couple years ago about tire pressure, and the comment was made that most vehicles ideally have different pressure in every tire. Of course, ideally, I'd have an 18 year old redhead girlfriend that would be rich, but you get the idea.

Reply to
bizbee

If the Goodyear Wranglers wore out evenly at 33, then the BFGs should be fine. Personally, I have to wonder if 33psi is a bit too high for any tires on that vehicle. If it was in my garage, I'd be thinking that 28 to 30 would be about right.

Reply to
Jeff Strickland

FW, try running "tires" on your jeep instead of Tyres and see if you don't get better results.....

Reply to
Brian Foster

Why - Tyre is the correct spelling ;) Whilst tiring is the act of getting bored or tired...

Reply to
Danny

Reply to
L.W.( ßill ) Hughes III