Water in the trunk

Hello folks, Misteriously some water has been appearig on my trunk! It seems to come from the back right column, I guess its from the hidden breather valves there. Have you ever seen that? any tips??

Thanks,=20 F=E1bio.

Reply to
Fabio

Fabio

Check the headliner for water stains, sometimes water enters through the bolt holes for the roof rack.

Reply to
billy ray

Uhhhh... Jeeps gots trunks?

Thanks, Fábio.

Reply to
Kate

No, he has trunks..

Kate take a look at his web page, you'll appreciate the restoration of his Maverick. It looks better than my brother's '71 did new.

billy ray

English is not my primary language, how should I call the back of my jeep? Cargo area? I see that you found my Maverick Billy, I'm very proud of it :)

F=E1bio.

. snipped-for-privacy@bignews4.bellsouth.net...

Reply to
Fabio

Fabio, my elder brother had a Red 1971 Maverick purchased new and it did not look nearly as nice as your restoration.

I would make one suggestion, if that orange oil filter is a Fram you should change it to a different brand because Fram filters only meet the minimum requirements.

English is not my primary language, how should I call the back of my jeep? Cargo area? I see that you found my Maverick Billy, I'm very proud of it :)

Fábio.

Reply to
billy ray

That is Eff-ing beautiful.

You can sure tell it is a labor of love!

Umm.. B.R. Look at the very last image, look closely... lower right hand corner.

Kate and AJAX the great white Geo Caching Jeep.

Reply to
Kate

English is not my primary language, how should I call the back of my jeep? Cargo area? I see that you found my Maverick Billy, I'm very proud of it :)

Fábio.

I'm just poking a little fun at you Fabio... cargo area is good... but really, for not being your native tongue, you're doing pretty well with English.

I wonder if you could call it a boot....

*grin*

Kate

Reply to
Kate

What can I say... Ajax is stronger than dirt!

Reply to
billy ray

*grin*
Reply to
Kate

I would take the plastic off and look. It could be a leaking gasket or a drain tube that has fallen off.

Reply to
DougW

!! WOW !!

That is a lot of hard work and a beautiful result.

Reply to
DougW

BINGO You are very right Billy, it was the bolt holes! The rack "drains" were filled up with leaves and the water was getting different routes in the roof arround the fixations. I wonder why those bolts are so weakly sealed. Mistery solved! Thanks

F=E1bio.

billy ray wrote:

Reply to
Fabio