Wet braking performance of Procomp tires

Looked at a set of 31x10.5 15 Procomp ATs. Salesman said that they probablly did better at wet stopping than the BFG ATs. I hydroplaned through an intersection again last time it rained which reminded me that I need to replace the factory Goodyears which are pretty old by now. Also, looked at Michelin XCX/APT which are reviewed to be excellent at resisting hydropalining. I will be taking this tj out into muddy pasture and down logging roads on a semi-regular basis, but on the other hand I will be driving it 50 miles a day on freeway.

I don't mind the thought of slowing down and being more careful and going with a more agressive tread, but I think that since I am going with 'AT's instead of 'MT's I want to go with the best wet braking performance. This rig has been rebuilt once after a hydroplane induced wreck and I would rather not go through that again. So, after all that thinking out loud what I am really fishing for is any first hand experiences with the Procomp. Thanks in advance.

/
Reply to
John Welch

L.W.(ßill)

is a cool site. I really like the way it has ratings for theperformance of tires under different conditions so you can compare onetire to another. Alas, this site does not have carry Pro Comp. Iknow that a lot of people in this news group run them so I want to askfor first hand accounts.

Reply to
John Welch