Strange problem while turning left

Hi,

Recently I=92ve hit a concrete mile post on the roadside (about 60cm tall) breaking the plastic bumper and the right headlight.

I had these parts replaced and esthetically it was everything ok. but since then when I do a tight turn left (like when starting a U turn or when going on a small roundabout at some speed) I hear a strange noise and the car looses power until I completely leave the gas pedal and press it again. Then it suddenly regains power in a very irregular way for a few seconds.

It is a '95 316i E36. Any idea of what is causing this strange situation?

I've tried doing the same thing whilst turning right and it is ok, but every time I do it to the left, it happens.

Thanks, HangaS

Reply to
HangaS

Hi again!

I think I sorted the problem out.

It turned out to be a loose rubber tube between the air filter and the engine manifold. So when the engine tilted right when doing an hard left turn it would create a leak confusing the air flow meter.

The engine was taking air directly, so the air flow meter would indicate a lower value then it realy was, causing the ECU to cut fuel acordingdly.

At least this is my theory :)

slack was not so big, you'd barely notice it. I pulled it awayjust for the picture) Thanks anyway.

Hope this helps anyone with similar sintoms in the future.

Hangas

Reply to
HangaS