What are the QUIETEST tires for a Cherokee ?

Possibly a bit pricier, the Michelin All Season that the Ford Exploders moved to after the underinflaged Firestone fiasco are pretty quiet. The Michelin M+S is a better match IMNHO, but can sing a bit on roadways with a bit more pebbled surface. Either variety has wear characteristics where the rubber will get old or you'll get bored before the tread wears down significantly.

Fred Mau proclaimed:

Reply to
Lon

DougW proclaimed:

I dunno, I manage to get thru the alkali snot over in Nevada with the M+S pretty well without burning out any transfer case or differentials yet. Haven't tried Montana dirt road bubbles or red clay with them tho. Work great over Donner as long as I stay the hell away from folks who think 4wd==4wheelstop.

Mine tend to sing a bit on the sharp pebbled type roadbed compared to the All Season that rental Explorers use--that are OK on rain but wouldn't care to take them over Donner in the winter.

Reply to
Lon