Where is this part from?

'93 Grand Cherokee Limited 5.2L. This little pin mysteriously appeared beneath my driveshaft while pulling my right rear wheel bearing last night. It had a light coating of oil over it which kinda smells like gear oil. Any idea where it came from? That drum brake assembly perhaps? I've been told that it looks like a shaft lock pin for a Trak-Lok differiential but I have an open diff. I'd hate to have to take this thing apart again. Once was more than enough. The keychain is pictured for an idea of scale.

It might not even be off of the truck for all I know. Ideas?

Reply to
SBlackfoot

Spider gear shaft lock pin for an open differential. If that is what it is, you took it off and forgot to put it back.

Earle

Reply to
Earle Horton

Thanks for the suggestion. I definitely didn't take it off, not intentionally anyway. The shaft that holds the spider gears and axles in place was bolted in with a small 1/2" twelve point bolt on one side and it was put back in place.

Reply to
SBlackfoot