Which Haynes Manual?

I have a 2000 TJ. I need a manual so I can do basic maintenance myself. Looking at what Haynes have to offer, I see they have two manuals that covers my model. One is for 1987 - 2000, and the other 1987 - 2003. I see that the 87-03 have only 180 pages, while the 87 - 00 almost have twice that. How can that be? Which one would you recommend?

Thanks!

Reply to
Merlot Buzz

Merlot Buzz proclaimed:

The factory service manual.

You can get it by going to

and clicking around on the "for owners" section. Or the easy way is to go to the Mopar documentation website at
and see how much the factory manual costs. It will pay for itself.

Or just keep posting here as issues arise and save Bill's links.

Reply to
Lon

Ditto. The FSM is very good indeed. Haynes manuals sometimes wonder if they have ever dismantled a vehicle. When you are scratching your head wondering how something comes apart or didn't realise you needed *that* tool, the extra 50 quid for the FSM seems like a bargain.

1/2" of information or 3" of information ? You decide.

Dave Milne, Scotland.

Reply to
Dave Milne

I guess I'll ante up for the factor service manual. Besides, I plan to keep my Jeep even after I pay it off.

Thanks for the info, guys!

Reply to
Merlot Buzz