Will Liberty wheels fit on a 99 Wrangler?

I bought new tires for the Wrangler, but due to an unexpected addition of a new vehicle the Wrangler will be going into the barn for 2-3 years. Meanwile the Liberty needs new tires, and since the ones on the Wrangler are just going to dry rot I was thinking of swapping.

The other question is would it be a good idea? The tires on the Wrangler are Michilin APT selected exclusivly for wet traction (lots of stormy freeway driving). Also, they are the same size as the stock tires on the Liberty. I was thinking of going with 32's and a 1 1/2 in lift, but I have given up on this as long as the Jeep is wife's primary transportation. So if going from the 16 inch rims on the Liberty to 15 inch would cause a handeling problem then I will just buy another set.

Reply to
John Welch

L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

?que

Reply to
John Welch

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

No troll. I have a Liberty with 40,000 miles on factory tires sitting in the driveway being driven to work every day by my wife. These tires need to be replaced. I have a Wrangler in the barn at Grandmothers with brand new Michilin 245x15 APTs dry rotting while waiting for Favorite Daughter No. 2 to turn 16. If the two vehicles were parked next to each other I could just pull the spare off one and check, but they are a hundred mile apart, so I *THOUGHT* the next best thing would be to ask on this news group.

I wanted to try and save a bunch of hundres of dollars. Maybe that is funny to some people. Thanks for all your help.

Reply to
John Welch

John,

Sorry that you got flamed without provocation. Same thing happened to me..

But about your Liberty. While I don't know the wheel lug spacing, I'll bet you could measure (they're both five lug, right?). Maybe the wheels would just bold right on. I cannot think of a reason why this would be a bad idea as long as the tires are relatively the same size as original equipment.

Just my opinion.

Randy

Reply to
flyairam

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III

Tomorrow I will pick up the phone and call the dealer. Both are 5 lug but the Wrangler is 15 inch and the Liberty's wheels are 16 inch.

Wondering how going from 16" to 15" (keeping the final diameter the same) would affect things like tendancy to flip over in quick lane changes...

Reply to
John Welch

Reply to
L.W.(ßill) Hughes III