Window replacemnt --CJ hartop

My seat has pushed the bottom corner of my Back glass out.

I cant get the gasket to cooperate, I don't know if it is in a bind, or old and stubborn, or both.

so I will pop it out this weekend, and start from scratch, want to review how, I have never don that, and a wet winter is quickly approaching.

I think you put the gasket in, and fold the outer/upper lip over, put the glass in, then pop the lip back up, securing the glass. Is there more to it? are special tools required? can a glass shop make me a gasket, I am worried that the back glass gasket from a scrambler is not that common (i.e. unavailable)

thanks,

83 CJ 8, a work in progress
out the "XXX" to e-mail me
Reply to