Wrangler radiator interchange

I've got a 95 YJ 4.0/std/air that needs a new radiator. The 4wd Hardware catalog lists one model that fits YJ and TJ. Does anyone know if a 97-up TJ radiator will work? I'm thinking of going to one of those "you pull" junkyards and I'd like to know what my options are.

thanks, j

Reply to
Jeff Scherb

Before you pull a piece of junk take yours into a radiator shop and see if what you have can be repaired.

Reply to
Fletcher

I would just go to

or
and buy a new one. Their prices are far better than most other radiator sources. Plus you never know what you'll get out of a junkyard.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Bransford

Why would you get a used radiator?

Go to

and get a new one.

Reply to
CRWLR

If a TJ radiator interchanged, it might be possible to find one without too many miles/years on it for a lot less than a new one, that's why. I wouldn't get a used radiator from a YJ, too old, too risky.

Reply to
Jeff Scherb

Reply to
L.W.(ßill)

thanks, that's a good idea.

Reply to
Jeff Scherb

By the time you find one and go get it, Radiator Barn will have a brand new one on your door step and you can have it installed and be wheeling again, and for probably about the same amount of money.

Call them on the phone, and they will quote you a 2-core. Tell them you want a 3- or 4-core, and the price will change a few bucks. And, you can do it all from the comfort of your living room with your bunny slippers on.

Reply to
CRWLR

I'm going to get a 3-core from Radiator Barn. Thanks to all who replied.

Reply to
Jeff Scherb