Wrangler Vacuum Part Identification

Hey guys. Got a buddy trying to locate his evap cannister on his 89 Wrangler. The part he brought in was from the pass side under the battery and doesn't look like a evap canister to me. It only has two "ports" and is round like a ball, also doesn't have a filter on the bottom. Is this something for vacuum controlled 4x4 (my guess anyway)?

I showed him a picture from

and told him to lookon the drivers side. Any Wrangler owners wanna tell me what he brought in?

Reply to
Kevin Sperle

You are right.

The canister is way down under the brake reservoir and looks like a coffee can with a bunch of hoses.

Expensive sucker too! You want ot be sure you need one before buying...

Mike

Mike Romain

Reply to
Jeepster

I know I already replaced mine on the CJ. You helped me out on that one. I'll forward the info along how to test it to him. I think I paid $80 some dollars to replace mine.

I just wanted to tell him what he did bring in, since I was 99% sure it wasn't the evap canister.

Reply to
Kevin Sperle