XJ Front Seat Replacement

I need to replace the driver's bucket seat in my '93 Cherokee, but am having trouble finding a boneyard that has that specific model year seat. What model years are interchangeable in terms of the mounting hardware (bolt holes, pattern, mounts, etc.)?

Thanks!

Mark '93 XJ

Reply to
Mark E. Bye

L.W.(Bill) Hughes III

you only had to do it now?! damn, my 90 needed new frames 98! got away with welding a couple times, but they never were straight. 13 yrs with those things, please tell me you only have about 40k on the odometer. I think all yrs of the XJ used the same seat.

John > I need to replace the driver's bucket seat in my '93 Cherokee, but am

Reply to
John in Vegas

I just picked this baby up earlier this year. 254,000 miles on it and running strong! Once again, I realized the mistake I made back in '94 when I sold my '87 and again last year when I sold my '98. I love these vehicles and just cannot ever see myself not having one in my fleet.

Mark '93 XJ

Reply to
Mark E. Bye

Yep, lighter than a Mustang, the outstanding 4.0, two fantastic transmissions (the aisin's obviously) good MPG compared to just about anything truck or SUV, lots of room.

The only bad thing about XJ's are bar pin shock mounts, lots of rust trap spots in all those sheet metal folds, and only two interiors for it's entire run... shitty cup holders (honestly who the hell designed those things, you can't fit ANYTHING in them)... poor tire clearance for anything larger than the stock 27's (My Fenders are chopped with a 3.5 RE lift and the 33's just barely fit at full stuff).

Reply to
Simon Juncal