XJ idler pulley

Hi I have a RHD 1993 Cherokee XJ 4L here in the UK. The serpentine belt is tensioned by a ribbed plastic idler wheel sprung loaded by a spring, mounted on a casting bolted to the top right hand of the cylinder head. This pulley is noisy, is this pulley available separately or do I have to buy the complete unit as my local dealer tells me? Thanks Barry Stone

Reply to
Barry

I bought the bolt, the bushing and the big washer all as individual parts from the $tealer here in Canada.

Mike

Barry wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain

Barry did pass the time by typing:

Odd, The 93 4L over on this side of the pond didn't come with a spring loaded tensioner that year. The stock idlers on mine run about 20$US but the adjustment is made by sliding the power steering pump back and forth. Most idlers can be had at any decent parts store. All you need is the width, diameter, and size of the mouting hole.

Dave Milne reads this group. He's over there and probably knows better sources than I do.

Reply to
DougW