XJ Power windows

I have a 97 XJ with power windows. All 4 windows work from the driver's door but the other 3 won't work from their own door switch. I did some testing and the window lockout switch is good. Any ideas? Dave

Reply to
Dave

Dave, I posted a similar message last month regarding my '98 XJ. The most common reply was that the wires are routed beneath the driver's carpet and become disintegrated, so need to be spliced. I pulled the carpet back, to find that on my car, there were no wires in the floor well. They run behind the dashboard on my model.

Still, the advice that I should suspect failed wires was on-track, because I found that when I (removed the driver's door panel and) flexed the wires where they are fed into the door sheet metal, the other switches got power, so the wire is broken. I had already had the same problem with the driver's door speaker wire and had replaced that wire loom. Good luck.

Jim '98 XJ

Reply to
98XJ

Check the child safety switch on the drivers door.

Reply to
jeff

Reply to
DanFXR

Reply to
Dave

Dave, I located the problem about the night before I headed West for a hunting trip, so I figured on hitting the U-Wrench-It lot when I returned. I have not done anything more, yet. I had suspected the switch, originally and had asked the group about which wires I might jump to bypass the Lock-Out. No one gave a straight reply, but a post in reply to your question says that you could bypass the Ground (Black?).

Please reply or e-maill if you don't have any manual and I can check the detail or on Monday can send a scan from my Haynes manual. Perhaps a better electrician than myself will post more expert information.

Please let me know your outcome - and I'll do the same.

Jim

Reply to
98XJ