Yep, its time to move on.

That and moderation can be done by scripts (robomoderation). Known folks can be automatically aproved by the system. The only thing is that the machines running those scripts need to be on all the time and have some sort of backup.

Reply to
DougW

What about a person who has some useful knowledge of Jeeps and helps people with their questions but suddenly goes berserk and starts flaming everything and everyone? I realize that there couldn't possibly be anyone that stupid and/or nasty but, just suppose?

Possibly allowing the moderators to suspend people for a week or two might be a good idea?

Reply to
XS11E

Luser

Bertie

Reply to
Bertie the Bunyip

Look, guys guys guys.

I'm a troll, right? There just isn't snyone who knows how to disrupt a group more than I do. just look me up pn google if you don't believe me.

just learn to use your killfiles individually. You don't need votes and you don't need moderation. you don;'t need anything else but a killfile!

If everyone who whined in this group just did that your problem would be solved with no more discussion, no more whining , no more Bill in about 15 minutes flat.

Stop playing like you;'re in a committee and just do it! The ones that don't know how get off your asses and look it up!

Bertie

Reply to
Bertie the Bunyip

Thanks for your constructive comment.

However, if you have a constantly barking dog, booting it outside is a better solution to wearing ear-muffs.

Dave Milne, Scotland

Bertie the Bunyip wrote:

Reply to
Dave Milne

Just the same as you would do to any of your friends in a real life situation - you give them several chances to behave properly, then part company if they don't buck up.

Dave

XS11E wrote:

Reply to
Dave Milne

Reply to
clay

Well, any time you're ready there's groups available at several places, here's one:

No need to start anything, it's an ongoing group although it appears it's pretty dead lately...

There are 1,271 Yahoo groups dealing with Jeeps FWIW and you can easily start a new group and invite people.

You can create a group on Google:

Click on the create a group button.

So it's easy to do but we've seen it tried before with mixed success.

Reply to
XS11E

Dave Milne wrote in news:%XG0j.50727$c snipped-for-privacy@text.news.blueyonder.co.uk:

Good luck with that.

Bertie

Reply to
Bertie the Bunyip

"L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III" wrote in news:QcydnUEuPelD697anZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Chihuaha?

Care to point out where I said iwas in the military, fjukkwit?

NO?

Didn;t think so.

Bertie

Reply to
Bertie the Bunyip

You are the loser by definition. No one's going to trust the opinion of a jealous, anonymous coward, over mine that everyone knows and trusts, whose real name and address are for all to see:

justlike my parents did, and taught me to take responsibility for my actions.And so far you haven't even had the guts to call my friends at the San DiegoSheriffs Dept. at: 858-974-2020 They're waiting for you. :-) In the mean time crawl back in your hole, like the rest of you low life,losers! Or come up for an attitude adjustment:
God Bless America, Bill O|||||||Omailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

"Cassandra Incognito" wrote in message news:ftT0j.20090$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe11.phx...

Reply to
L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

I was indeed a constructive comment, it does miss one important point: New users. Anyone wandering in here looking for help is going to back right out the door without bother to post, and new users are necessary to groups to cover attrition. No new users means the group dies.

What we've got on our hands is a stationary shark.

Reply to
Lee Ayrton

Correct, but consider, if the group dies what of it? It's useless now.

and there's no legal way to remove him.

Personally, I think the group is at an end. I'll continue here, my filters stop all the garbage but I agree there'll be very few new users if any.

Reply to
XS11E

Lee, I would say newbies would be interested in an answer to their own question, and wouldn't bother reading what jealous clique had to write. Anyone going to answer the newbie's post??????? God Bless America, Bill O|||||||O mailto: snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

L.W. (Bill) Hughes III

You are correct imho. I could have gone around with the idiot for weeks on end, but what's the point, there isn't one. Kinda like mud wrestling with a pig after a bit it dawns on you that the pig enjoys it. Regards the group, imo the regulars would be better served moving on, there is nothing here anymore for folks with a brain.

Reply to
Roy

"L.W. \(Bill\) Hughes III" wrote in news:55-dnYAus9zmV9nanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Braaaaaapppp!