Latest threads in Jeep and Willys (new and old)show only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

oil - 5w20
Wife just bought a Ford Focus today... Interesting looking under the hood, noticed oil was - 5w20 Great... now another blend to put on the shelf. What's with 5w20 vs say our normal 10w30 ?
2
2

Stuck xfer case '97 TJ
Howdy guys, long time no post. Hope you didn't run out of change yet. :) From non-use of 4WD, I can't pull the lever to go to 4WH from 2WH. Is it easy to lube the linkage or am I way overdue for a...
3
3

Rear wiper motor 93ZJ
That was fun. Yea.. usually I take pictures but this was messy and I was lazy. :P This is what it looks like. $359 Holy shit! Well, it is built well and lasted 20 years with only one problem so far....

squealing belt
When we start up - we get a squealing noise - guessing a glazed belt ? After a minute it's gone.... Suggestions/comments - vs just replacing the belt -
1
1

Jeep Repair in West Central NJ
Hi folks, I now have the Death Wobble problem and I believe that there are multiple things wrong/worn in my front suspension, and this is beyond my talents. I need someone nearby to me that really...
3
3

Johson Valley ORV area vs Twentynine Palms expansion
There is an online petition to save the ORV area from being adsorbed by the Marine base. Now I'm for a strong defense but there has to be a way to co-exist and keep this area from being lost to the...

90,000 mile inspection on a 2001 GC
Just had a 90,000 mile inspection on my 2001 GC. Everything checked out OK, but what really pleasantly surprised me was the brakes still had over 80% of brake pad remaining. In the past only the front...
2
2

restoring '65 CJ-5: advice on wiper repair, parts sources,
Hello folks. I'm a newbie here, so please forgive any breach of custom. I'm in the midst of restoring my old '65 CJ-5. I bought it used in '68, drove it through high-school and college then put it up...

wiper motor back jeep grcherokee 2003
does anyone know tell me how to change the wiper motor back of the jeep grcherokee 2003 Thanks
1
1

heater core, remove from cooling loop?
If a heater core is leaking, is it possible to just somehow bypass the entire heater core in the cooling loop? I don't really need a heater core in Southern California and it isn't worth the trouble...
1
1

05 JGC V6 OXY Sensor location(s)?
Quick one for you mechanics. On an 05 laredo with the V6 I'm seeing a DTC of P0132 regarding the O2S reading of high. I can only find one sensor. Where are the TWO located on this monster? I get this...
1
1

shocking
Looks like I need new shocks. The old Edelbrock IAS ones lasted quite a long time but nothing lasts forever. Looking at the Bilstein HD or possibly Rancho RS 5000 Any thoughts? The ZJ isn't lifted but...
7
7

Thinking about a drivetrain swap
Donor vehicle: 89 XJ Limited (4.0, Asin 4 speed auto, NP242, 3.55 axles) Recipient vehicle: 88 XJ Chief (4.0, BA 10/5, NP-231, 3.07 axles w/ CAD) I'm pulling the 4.0, Asin 4 speed auto and NP-242...
18
18

'91' XJ: Coolant smell on startup
I get a distinct odor of coolant whenever I startup my '91' XJ. I haven't noticed any leaking coolant anywhere (there are no puddles of coolant). It looks like there may be leakage from the thermostat...
2
2

Tow/Haul button
Exactly what does it do, and how will it affect my already poor mileage when towing a trailer?
6
6