Lotus tuned Spectra?

While doing some research before purchasing my 2004.5 Spectra, I've run into several sources that claim the Spectra's suspension was "Tuned by Lotus"

A few examples:

A couple of questions;

What exactly does that mean?

What years/models would this pertain too?

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Reply to
T. Rivet

"T. Rivet" wrote in news:YbAKj.89$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe07.lga:

It doesn't mean much. "Lotus tuning" could mean anything from changing springs to redesigning the whole suspension system. You would have to find someone with inside information to get details of what they changed from Kia's original design. Lotus tends to like springs on the soft side which would be why the review called it "floaty". FWIW, Daewoo had Lotus tune the Leganza suspension. While it would corner competently (with quite a bit of body roll), it was really more of a highway cruiser. My Optima corners better.

Reply to
Jeff

Any idea what years or models (LX, EX, SX...) I find mixed info on the subject. Having some more info might be able to narrow my search.

Tim

Reply to
T. Rivet