oil recommendations?

My daughter just got an 02 Kia SPortage. I need to change oil. What is recommended for this vehicle in temperatures up to 104 degrees?

Bob San Angelo, Texas

Reply to
Bob

=== My choice is Mobil1 in 10W/30 or 10W/40 if you can find any. You are meaning

104 degrees F correct?
Reply to
Shines

Yes

Reply to
Bob

I'm in Eastern NM with temps similar to yours. I use Amsoil Series

2000 30W w/ an Amsoil filter.

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

I'm in Phoenix, so it gets even hotter than 104 here in the summer. I generally run 20w-50 during the hottest months and change back to a 10 weight oil (10w-30, 10w-40) in the cooler months.

Chris

Reply to
halatos

Reply to
Robert Black

I just stuck 10w-30 in it. Mobil 5000.

Bob

Reply to
Bob

Why did the dealer advise against synthetics?

-- Christian

Reply to
CMM

change to synthetic10/30

Reply to
Tom

==== My choice is Mobil1 10/30

Reply to
KybonaBygona

I stay with Castrol, 20-40 in the summer, , but 50 weight even in hot weather is like sludge to an engine. in the winter I cahnge to 10-30, I guess a 10-40 would be right for where you are. Castrol makes both, they even have a synthetic blend if you want

Reply to
helix