question re: kia rio and sephia starters

quick question - (forgive me in advance if it is just a silly GIRL question lol) i have a 2001 kia rio and my friend has a 1999 kia sephia - her starter is going bad and i am looking to get rid of my kia - are the starters compatible in any way? could i take the one from the rio and give it to her for her sephia?? looking forward to a response - thanks a bunch!!!

Reply to
courtney c via CarKB.com

Stranger things have happened, but in general, I would have to say no. If I am not mistaken, the cars were not even made in the same country, so VERY little chance they were supplied with the same starter.

Obviously, your best bet is to go to a parts and service department for Kia. Any of their parts people could tell you if it is the same.

Remember, it isn't just the starter unit, it is also the mounting brackets and so forth.

Hope this helps.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt