sedona transmission problems

If you have a sedona doing a violent downshift @ 65mph..DO NOT replace the transmission. I had a KIA dealer quote me $2300 for this!!!!. Have the comnputer code read, it should indicate a bad Vehicle Speed Output sensor. This sensor costs $110 and can be installed in less than 5 minutes! My kia dealer quoted me $97.50 for labor but the Pontiac dealer did it for $20. It can be easily changed IF you have a long extension as this sensor is located on the top of the transmission.

Reply to
bigmoose

How's about you use the 10/100k warranty. They've only been around 4 years. No way I'd pay for it.

Reply to
pheasant

Bought it used with 130000m on it- got it for about 2/3 of used value though.

Reply to
bigmoose

Concerning Sedona transmissions, what I have heard is that, overall, they are reliably made, but there are some shift flare issues, and Kia was having a hard time pinning it down. The vehicle speed output sensor seems to have been causing far more problems than anyone realized - I suspect there was a defect in it.

But your advice is good - have that changed first.

Tom Wenndt

Reply to
Rev. Tom Wenndt

Yep, that's the problem I have. Bought mine with 92K miles on it but, beyond 60K, the warranty is only valid for the original owner.

130K? Wow! That's the most mileage I've heard of on a Sedona. What year is it? I'd be interested in knowing what kind of problems have presented.

-- Christian '02 Sedona EX

Reply to
CMM