2003 Sedona Transmission problems!

Anyone have tranmission problems with their 2003 sedona, after 2 weeks ours began extremly harsh engagement and won't shift out of first gear. this happens first thing in the am and lasts about 10 min. I've been dealing with this since June and no one seems to concerned. I've spoken to a lawyer but I'm not sure what to do, also at my wits end. I'm in Canada and am interested in others experiences.

Reply to
<greg>

The car has a warranty... get it fixed.

Reply to
John Reece

Ya, thanks for the helpful input, I know it has warranty, I am, trying to "get it fixed". I have been trying to get it fixed since June, for the first 5 visits they were unable to find any problem and therefore unable to or, unwilling more like, to do anything. Now they have finnally seen the problem I am waiting for them to fix it for me. I am just wondering if anyone has had similar problems and am interested in others experiences with Sedona transmissions, I thought thats what this news group is for, if not please let me know and I will go elsewhere.

Reply to
<greg>

Sorry... I haven't had a similar problem, but with every thing I have had an issue with the dealer was very quick to take care of it... is there another dealer within reasonable distance you could take it to?

Reply to
John Reece

No, next nearest dealership is 4 hrs away, Ive actually had it there and they were the first ones to see the problem and then reported it to my dealership, I was just informed by the district manager for this area that this is not enough for them to fix anything and that it has to be reproduced again in my dealership so they can diagnose the problem. I've had it there

5 times and its like I'm starting out from scratch again. :_( What is the most frustrating thing is that this is a brand new vehicle and its been doing this since it was 2 weeks old. I'm afraid I've harrassed them so much they aren't going to do anything for me soon.
Reply to
<greg>

Oh, keep harrassing. They'll be sure and do work for you. You might want to call Kia Canada, and have a chat with them. You can also show up at the dealer with flyers for all the prospective buyers, stating how the dealer has been ineffective at solving your problem.

While you're at it, pursue lemon laws. I don't know if you in the great frozen north have these, but here in many of the states, you can have force action against a dealer if certian items aren't fixed after a time. (Heck, we even go so far as to replace our governer.)

I, for one, have had only very minor problems with the sedona (2002). I have had to fix the power passenger seat twice and it appears the visor vanity flip-up thingy broke off the other week. Other than that, we've been pretty happy. (I even took on an obnoxious teen in a rice racer the other day, and left him in the dust.)

Kai Ponte

Yes, yes, and yes!!! Transmission problems galore!!!! Keep in mind however, neither of the three Houston dealers that have looked at my Sedona have been able to either "reproduce" the problem or otherwise diagnose it with their HighTech engine testing gadgets. Here's what mine does. Without regard for speed or time since engine start, (but usually when I'm going about 65 MPH) the vehicle will KICK or JUMP forward really, really hard while in motion. At that point you think you've either been hit be an 18-wheeler or something major just happened under your hood. As soon as this KICK happens, the RPMS jump from a mere 2,000 up to about 4,000. If you're foolish enough to accelerate, then the RPMs will go up as high as 6,000. Of course, I only did this once because I had no idea what was going on. Like I said, it's been to the shop several times without any resolution. I've discovered however, that as soon as this KICK/JUMP thing happens, if I pull over, stop the vehicle, and turn off engine it must do something to reset it because when I start the engine up again, usually only after a few seconds, it runs fine -- until the next kick in pants. Greg, you might want to try this turning it on then off technique to see if that helps it switch gears right away. I must say that this thing is making me want to toss the car, particularly since I'm still making payments on it. I feel like an utter fool paying money on a car what is such a piece of junk!!!!!!!

Reply to
Rena

[...]

Look into lemon laws in your area. I know some areas in America have three strikes your out rule! Also, Try taking it to a different dealer, sounds like they are a bit illiterate..

Reply to
Jason & Sandra