valet key.....2002 Kia Magentis

Hey all....my car was broken into recently.....I realize they took a valet key.....had it in the console.

Now, I've never USED that key.....but does it operate just the doors? It wouldn't start the engine, I don't think because of no immobilizer thingy with it.......so....how important do you think it is for me to get my keys changed, or.....not?

Thanks for your help, Caro

Reply to
Caro

To be honest...I should get my car back from the autoglass place today.....I'll have more of an opportunity after it's been cleaned off all the broken glass to see if they did, in fact, take that key (think they did though) One upside of leaving the doors as is, is they won't need to break the window to get into the car It's gonna cost me $300 on my car insurance deductible! lol

Reply to
Caro