1 Compression Ring Wanted

After spending 3hrs belting the hell out of my engine yesterday, got all the pistons out in one piece with no damage, to find that 2 of them, all the rings had seized up with 2 / 3 years of accumulated crud.

After another couple of hours with a blow torch and some gentle persuasion got them all free and clean, except for the very last Ring !! bloody thing went and broke.

I am now minus 1 +.060 Compression ring.

Does Anyone have one floating round that they could pop in a jiffy bag ?? for a small remuneration ?. As I really don't want to end up buying a complete set for 1 piston.

Engine has in fact not done much more than 10 / 15k. as there is no wear anywhere.

Reply to
Igundwane

Aaaaah !!

Very good point and thank you for Alerting me,

Re-con Military Motor 2.25 petrol in a Series 11

Sorry, mind is on a 101 things today.

Reply to
Igundwane

Now quickly before anyone notices let the secret out which engine? Derek

Reply to
Del