101 Hearse Wanted

Sorry if you see this x-posted, time is short. Also, if you think of anywhere that I haven't posted it, please feel free to repost.

A 101 Club member has just called me with an odd but fitting request.

Some may have heard that Dave Parker died recently, unexpected, on his neighbours driveway at 8am - sudden heart attack, aged 58 (if you've got to go, this is the way I guess)...

Anyway, our member wants to use a 101 for the hearse. A minter would be superb, but Dave wasn't too bothered about 'concourse' condition Landies, so any (roadworthy) condition 101 would be fine, probably a GS for ease I'd have said, though.

The funeral is at Emneth, Nr Wisbech (sp?) in West Norfolk (PE14 postcode). No date has been set yet, but it'll be soonish.

If you'd like the honour of sending a true landie enthusiast off in style, in the back of your 101, please can you contact Charles Morgan directly on 01600 890 128 - he would use his own but he lives a _long_ way away.

Reply to
Mother

Dont know if its any use, but i saw this in LOI a while ago...

Sorry to hear of your news.

Mark.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

How about a 101 towing a gun carriage ala Military funerals?

Reply to
Tim Guy

How about just a 101 GS - it was good enough for Mountbatten...

Reply to
Mother

And an old farm cart was good enough for William Morris, when I have to go I will not mind being strapped to the roofrack of a suitably scruffy series :)

Reply to
Larry

Still no vehicle ? If no-one else will help, I could have Bob on the road by Thursday.

Steve

Reply to
steve Taylor