101 the X files

Dunno if you got my earlier email I found the website with the other files on it and the good news it has quite a few for FCs I said swedish ( randy aupair obsessed ) actually Estonia but it was originally linked from a swedish site- enjoy

a biatch to find if you enter via the homepageDerek

Reply to
Derek

I love being pointed toward sites that've just leeched my files directory... :-(

Reply to
Mother

I presume it was you who added the big red text on the front cover then?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

No, I can spell 'paid'...

Reply to
Mother

Well I did remove it from our server after I realised that an email had become a newsgroup posting looks like it was relayed to other servers rather quickly ( not like NTL) Its not a very new site either I discovered it I think in 2001 but lost the url have you seen the archive on the russian site that should cover the rest of your files directory , maybe not holiday snaps tho' Derek

Reply to
Derek

There is a local Zil Radio truck which apparently should never go in to civvy hands in civvy hands IYSWIM.

Perhaphs they did a swap for some Stella or summat. ".. three goats and a

101 for one of them and thats my final offer".

"Hell no Commrad, a Range rover Classic is worth at least 4 goats!"

I'll get me goat ........

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

And why might that be then?

I'm unsure why you have used the "?" as you appear to be making a statement, not asking a question.

Reply to
Mother

My mistake !>!..&

Because ">>You have after all, infringed the LR copyright by making these documents available publicly."

Reply to
ADB

Or if, after all, that is not the case then you have just libelled Mr Bailey...

You'll be able to provide proof of course. Defamation being one of those odd areas where you have to prove your innocence rather than the reverse.

;-)

Reply to
Tim Hobbs

And you can provide evidence to prove this?

Reply to
Mother

On or around Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:14:25 +0100, ADB enlightened us thusly:

I rather doubt it. I suspect that Martyn is sufficiently clued-up not to risk a lawsuit for publishing stuff that's copyrighted without permission.

Mind, I've not heard of that russian site being done for reproducing manuals. I wish LR and others would do this anyway, for a nominal fee, say a fiver. I'd be quite happy to pay a fiver to download electronic copies of the manuals for vehicles I run.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Slightly related...

I bought a piece of original artwork some years ago and full rights to use it from the artist. I allowed a local charity to use it on their Christmas cards one year - for free an all.

I got a letter from a postcard company shortly afterwards claiming I'd infringed their copyright. Apparently they had purchased rights to a 'similar' piece of work from the same artist, then used (never found out how or why) a copy of 'my' artwork on a 50,000 print run of postcards.

Because of their attitude, I required them to prove that they had destroyed the run, and insisted they make a not unsubstantial 'costs' payment to the charity I'd granted the rights to.

Reply to
Mother