110 Going Welsh!

1990 110TD CSW (19J engine)

It's full of leaks!!

Or is it just very good at marking it's territory!

It has a permanent leak around the bottom of the dipstick tube.

Then it was the clutch slave cylinder (sorted).

Closely followed (about a week later!) by the clutch master cylinder dripping oil inside, down the pedal and onto the footwell (repair kit please Richard?)

Now I have a lot of fluid that seems to be coming from the bottom of the steering box pinion. So it looks like there is a leak around that shaft. Am I likely to be correct in thinking its a seal gone, is there anything else it can be?

If it is the seal, is it repairable, or is it a steering box replacement?

Cheers

Peter

Reply to
puffernutter

On its way.

Usually the seal on the bottom of the sector (output) shaft cuts a groove in the shaft, so replacing the seal is often just a temporary fix. It you are lucky and the shaft is ok then a seal will be fine (make sure it's a blue one), otherwise a recon unit it the best option.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

Thanks.