Swapped the dampers & springs today!!!

Only took me a few hours top to toe! Must be getting better. The springs I took off where in a shocking state, two broken etc. The dampers, well, you have NEVER seen anything like them! The rears where just rust, one of which wasn't leaking like the rest, it had no oil in it to leak!

A new set of springs & dampers for £80 or £90 or so has made a huge difference oddly enough.

I reckon they must have been the original 1990 fitments still!!

Getting the swivel sorted next week, fitting a new window regulator tomorrow, along with a new bonnet release, just a new gearbox & timing belt to sort & off we go to meet you hoons!

-- Ta!

Nige

Subaru WRX (54) Land Rover Turbo Diesel 110 (G) KTM 520 SX (2001)

Reply to
Nige

I agree with you in the fact that you can't believe the difference that a set of standard dampers make. When I first had the Range Rover the rear discs were shot, so I changed the discs, pads, shocks (standard allmakes ones) and some donated HD springs, axle oil seals the whole shebang and was a fantastic difference. The RR had been used for towing a rally car all over the country and there was absolutely no damping left in them at all!

I'm really tempted by one of the 1.5" lift kits advertised in one of the magazines, I need to do it on the sly though because when I lifted the 90 and put 235/85x16s on Mrs Dave couldnt get in it.

I might have a couple of 110 spares left > Only took me a few hours top to toe! Must be getting better. The springs =

I took off where in a shocking

ke them! The rears where just

ifference oddly enough.

row, along with a new bonnet

Reply to
Dave R

I'm really tempted by one of the 1.5" lift kits advertised in one of the magazines, I need to do it on the sly though because when I lifted the 90 and put 235/85x16s on Mrs Dave couldnt get in it.

I have some 110 steps if you want them to help!!!

I might have a couple of 110 spares left in the shed if you need em

tell me more mate Nige

Reply to
Nige

I'll have to check, but i think there's a bonnet and some other panels, there's some dash bits left, and a set of Michelin XCLs on LWB rims ( if you want to go for the Camel Trophy look) a 200tdi knocking about too but that's a Discovery one, a front and rear axle.

How about a set of 235/85x16 Grizzly claws (4xgood tread, 2x low tread), they'd set it off a treat, or good to keep as a set for off road> I agree with you in the fact that you can't believe the difference that

Reply to
Dave R

Where you at Dave? Sounds like summat i could use! How much for all the lot?

Take this to mail if you dont mind?

Cheers

Nige

Reply to
Nige

Reply to
Dave R

Nice! Where are you mate?

-- Ta!

Nige

Subaru WRX (54) Land Rover Turbo Diesel 110 (G) KTM 520 SX (2001)

Reply to
Nige

| when I lifted | the 90 and put 235/85x16s on Mrs Dave couldnt get in it.

So it's the 4" lift kit and 35" tyres, then ...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

I need that so i dont stoop to get in!!!

Reply to
Nige

On or around Sat, 16 Sep 2006 17:20:22 +0100, "Nige" enlightened us thusly:

off where in a shocking

them! The rears where just

hehe.

makes a world of difference, dunnit? did that to my disco a bit back, revelation...

Reply to
Austin Shackles