Er Austin....

I saw this and thought of you....

Lee

Reply to
Lee_D

There is an MGB bodied chassis called Marmite. Saw it at last years Nationals. Anybody point me at a picture of it?

Reply to
GbH

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 18:20:43 GMT, "GbH" scribbled the following nonsense:

I did see one with a fiesta at billing, have seen it for the last 3 years.

Reply to
Simon Isaacs

On or around Sun, 26 Mar 2006 19:06:20 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

hehe.

I've heard of a granada-bodied one as well.

hopefully mine will not end up quite so high off the deck.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Got these pics floating around on my PC from ages ago

Alex

Reply to
Alex

Got these pics floating around on my PC from ages ago

Alex

Reply to
Alex

reminds me of the StrangeRover that infamous TR7 on a rangie chassis

days Derek

Reply to
Derek

On or around Sun, 26 Mar 2006 23:03:20 GMT, "Derek" enlightened us thusly:

now that's more the level of body lift I was aiming at with the transit plan

- something similar to the 4x4 transits that county made; taller, but only as much as necessary.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

I think if you were to put a transit body on a 4x4 chassis at the height of that sierra you'd need to have stabilisers fitted to stop it falling over on corners....

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Mon, 27 Mar 2006 14:05:38 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

and a ladder for people to get in.

No, I have in mind a max. of about a foot of body lift, less if the wheel arches and so forth will allow it. The body's gonna get mounted as low as reasonably practical, and will possibly require removal of the turrets and put rear-type dampers on the front axle. I don't really know what the perceived advantage of those turrets was in the first place, compared with a damper going to a chassis mount. It certainly doesn't make replacement any easier!

Reply to
Austin Shackles

cheaper to make?

Alex

Reply to
Alex

On or around Mon, 27 Mar 2006 20:37:09 +0100, Alex enlightened us thusly:

possibly, but I rather doubt it makes that much difference. You don't have extra mount to make on the axle (or chassis) but you have to have the ring with 4 bolts in it and the turret itself.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Was it a blue Fiesta?

There is one just round the corner from my girlfriends

mounted on chassis, waiting on a windscreen and MOT

Reply to
Giles Ayling