110 Stowage under bench seats

Whilst looking for the Landy I now own, some friends were kind enough to lend me their older 110. It's one of the earliest, circa 1984, with lift up door handles, etc., but the thing that attracted me was the stowage under the nearside bench seat. It's got a lidded cubby box that looks like it was a standard fitment - just the thing for jump leads, tow ropes tarpaulin, etc.

There's probably room on the offside for a shorter one too (avoiding the fuel filler pipe), so I wondered, are they now an aftermarket cut-and-drop-in type mod, or is there lots of strengthening to do? Does anyone know of where to find a kit?

Regards,

Simonm.

Reply to
SpamTrapSeeSig

It is the same in 109's and there is another compartment under the passenger seat.

I have put a bit of closed cell foam in mine as things rattle about a lot when I go over the bumps.

It also gets very wet in there so keep your tools in a freezer type sealable container.

Reply to
Larry