90 axle

Will a 1995 90 disc brake rear axle be a straight swap for a 1986 90 drum brake axle rear axle? Thanks Richard

Reply to
Richard

Yes it will

Reply to
Fergus Kendall

On or around Fri, 30 Jan 2004 22:36:32 GMT, "Richard" enlightened us thusly:

is the drum brake one shot then? and if not, why?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The diff pan on mine has been patched several times as its very thin (rust) and leaks. Disc brakes = better braking ?

Reply to
<richardsemail

On or around Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:35:32 -0000, enlightened us thusly:

well, fair enough. Not necessarily convinced about discs. If I bother to get the drums (big feckers, mind) on the 110 clean and correctly adjusted, it seems to me that it stops as well as the disco which has discs all round.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Drum brakes are a complete PITA if you go in much mud. They fill up and the mud just grinds down the shoes. In my 110 which I've had 2.5 years now I've replaced the front pads once (only a few months ago), and the rear shoes -four- times now. Plus every time you fill them with mud you end up having to clean+adjust them to get your brakes to work properly again.

I'm after a rear Salisbury for the 110 with discs. Shame they're like rocking horse poo, although I'm told there are genuine rover part conversion brackets available, which I should look into.

Paul

Reply to
Paul Everett

I totally agree with you about the mud. We use ours off road a lot and have been through a few rear shoes (and also hand brake shoes) but only one set of front pads. Richard

Reply to
Richard