110 Top Door Hinge

Hi all, I would like to replace the worn front door hinges on my C reg 110, I have the replacement parts & have replaced the lower hinges after I cut 2 small holes in the foot panels as the nuts in the door post were spinning, when I had a look at the top hinges there doesn't seem as much access to allow a similar approach to the spinning nuts in the door post, any pointers please other that to replace the door posts. Many thanks in advance.

Reply to
Big G

On or around Sun, 11 Jul 2004 20:15:13 +0100, "Big G" enlightened us thusly:

are the nuts OK at the top or are they spinning too?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

The top ones are also spinning.

Reply to
Big G

A trick I've used before is the hacksaw through the hinge. Simply remove the door from the hinge so that it's out of the way - you then have clear access to use a hacksaw to cut vertically through the hinge, thus cutting through the two securing screws. Once both screws have been cut in half, the hinge will fall off and problem solved. It'll take about five minutes of determined hacksawing.

The screws themselves go into captive nuts that are on clips. I'd suggest buying some new ones and coating them in grease before putting your new hinge on.

--> Greg

Reply to
grege

Hi Greg. Many thanks for the reply, your method worked a treat, I already had the door off so a few minutes hacksawing job done, many thanks again.

Big G

Reply to
Big G