Defender 90 door Hinge

Does anyone know if you can get a repair kit for the door hinges on a 90??

Does the centre pin just knock out.

I am having problems extracting the hinge from the bulk head, I have used an impact driver but some of the nuts on the back are turning so I think I will leave them for now. but just thought if anyone did a hinge repair kit??

Thanks in advance for any help

Ken.

Reply to
Ken

"Ken" wrote in news:bki66m$1fi$ snipped-for-privacy@news6.svr.pol.co.uk:

Just take a grinder to it and replace the hinge. They are not cheap (from where I'm standing) but worth it to get the doors to close properly. I also tried an impact driver but got nowhere.

Derry

Reply to
Derry Argue

You can buy a pair of hinges from paddocks for about £12

Reply to
Adrian England

Apparently so.....

I had trouble getting mine off, but if your nuts are turning too its going to be a real hassle. Good luck.

It would be good, but I'm not sure if the pin or the hinge wears away. Remember though, if you get new hinges you will have to paint them. Obvious really.....

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux

->Does anyone know if you can get a repair kit for the door hinges on a 90??

OEM hinges are £12 each, make sure you get all the fixings as well as they will be rusted.

The door side fixings can be undone by taking the door trim off then just undo the nuts, bulkhead side best to drill the head off, all can be done with the door closed, and don't forget to paint the hinges before you fit them.

Reply to
Geoff

£5.99 inc VAT here - ust thought I'd mention it ;)

Richard

Reply to
richard.watson

On or around Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:40:12 +0100, richard.watson enlightened us thusly:

anyone got a good price for semi-early (lift-up handles but winding windows,

1-piece door) type 90/110 front doors. Could be bare frames if they come like that, or else with skin but no glass etc.

I notice that the bottom frame member on my passenger side one is AWOL, and the driver's side one ain't much better. Now I *could* repair 'em, but it's a lot of hassle.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Might be of interest, then again, may not be.

A door hinge. (I'm not the seller)

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux

On or around 29 Sep 2003 03:50:47 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Guy Lux) enlightened us thusly:

now if it was a door...

if anyone comes across a door to the following spec, I'd be interested, if it's not too pricey:

90/110 one-piece lift-up handles winding window front passenger (near side) bottom frame member present.

The last point is where the existing one is lacking, I noticed the other day. a dodgy one I don't mind patching up, missing altogether is a bit more hassle, though it's been done before...

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Did my drivers door hinges this weekend. Wouldn't even budge with an impact driver. Out with the SDS hammer drill and 16mm bit. Polished off all 4 bulkhead bolts in about 10 minutes.

Reply to
Adrian England

Oh so close, Austin....

I think it fits all your specs except (quite importantly) the side.

A miss though, is as good as a mile!

Guy

Reply to
Guy Lux

On or around 30 Sep 2003 05:47:20 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Guy Lux) enlightened us thusly:

hehe. have you looked at the list of items he has for sale?

got a back door, too, but I've got one of them. Series ones are the same, or close enough.

hohum.

Reply to
Austin Shackles