1996 110 Steering Damper

Hi All Just noticed my (what I assume is ) steering damper hanging down from its off side fixing!!!! It looks simple to replace but what could have caused it to shear off, I haven't been off road in it since I bought it last year (yes sad I know). Is there anything I need to know before I replace it? How much is a replacement? Will it need new bushes? Regards All Tom

Reply to
Thos

I'd hazard a guess that the bushes have been shot for some time and the resulting metal-to-metal contact has worn through something. Assuming the brackets are ok, fitting is a doddle.

RTC4472 Steering Damper Kit Defender 90/110 £10.90 inc VAT DA4160 Steering Damper - De-Carbon - Series/RRC/Disco I £27.02 inc VAT

Both come complete with bushes.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd