steering damper buhes

chaps the bushes on the steering damper of my 96 defender 90 are worn can anyone give me the part numbers for the bushes and bolt please, also the boot around the track rod ends and at the steering arm are split, is it possible to replace the rubber only without changing the whole ball joint, there seems to be very little play in the steering.

Reply to
mogg

Hiya,

The steering damper bushes come with the steering damper. I would advise changing the whole thing. Will coast you about £15. It isn't worth the hassle of trying to get bushes and it will make a difference to the driving.

As for the ball joints, if it is only the ball joints and not the steering drop arm I would again change the whole ball joint. Okay you will need to get trackign checked but if any grit or dort has got into the ball joint you will end up changing it in six months time.

With steering I always of the policy of renewal were possible. Much safer.

Andy

Reply to
Andrew Renshaw