Disco II steering damper

Hi

I want to remove the front under engine panel on my V8 Disco II to try and trace a coolant leak.

The workshop manual suggests removing the steering damper assembly to get the panel out - so my question is, is it worth replacing the damper whilst it's out? - the vehicle has done just over 62k miles. There isn't anything obvioulsy wrong with the steering - but perhaps it's slowly been getting worn and I just haven't noticed.

Similar question on brake discs - they are noticably worn (about 1mm ridge from the unused outer rim - but at what point should I consider replacing them?

Simon

Reply to
Simon

If steering is ok why replace it. Why pay about £70 fro something isn't broke.

If you do replace it use a good quality one, stay away from the cheap oil filled items, I'm speaking from experience. I've thrown 2 new one's away & fitted the original worn oem one.

I'm waiting for a De Carbon one to be delivered this week.

Gerry

Reply to
Gerry

Agreed - was just wondering whether there was a milage at which I should consider replacing it, and if that happend to coincide with having to take the existing one off anyway then it would be a good opportunity to do so.

Simon

Reply to
Simon