1998 Range hot starting problems

Have a problem with a 1998 2,5 DSE range, it starts fine when its cold due to the glowplugs, but as soon as the engine is warm enough for the plugs not to be used the bloody thing takes about 15 seconds to start. I think it is probably low commpression (90,000 miles) anyone else got a good Idea???

Many thanks . GGG

Reply to
GGG

I recall my LR mechanic having similar problems with one of these engines which are set to only use their glowplugs whehn really cold and thus when warmed started at higher mileages they get a bit reluctant. ISTR he made a simple mod that made more use of the glowplugs and fixed the problem.

Let me know if you want - I'll give him a call and ask him.

Reply to
Exit

If you could that would be great. Thanks very much.

GGG

Reply to
GGG