Seen in another place

Just saw this little cockup in another group

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Obviously thought that they could get through the gap between the van and trailer!!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Seddon

Looking at the way the metal has torn it appears the boot may be on the other foot and someone forgot they had a trailer on the back or the defender swung out once the van passed...beware the trailer!!!

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Apparently what happened was that the van forgot he had a trailed and cut across the lane divider and ran over the D90 with the trailer. This is an american accident - the D90 was in the inside lane.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

I'm confused... If the 90 was in the 'inside' lane, how did the van cut into his lane and damage the 'Right Hand side' of the 90...?

In America, driving in the inside lane, you have your right hand side pretty much in the gutter - IYSWIM

Reply to
Mother

And that would be a classic case of "Paul getting his mucking furds wuddled"

The truck was lane changing and was rather longer than it thought.

P.

Reply to
Paul S. Brown

Where was the truck comming from, the hard sholder!!! It looks to me that the LR tried to cut across the back of the truck and didn't see the trailer. (See Pic 1)

Peter.

Reply to
Peter Seddon

..and the full story of what happened is here :

Andrew

Now the light shines through!!

Peter

Reply to
Peter Seddon

That's my Defender and the story on the webpage is correct. It is a NAS D-90 so we drive on the right side of the road here. The person with the trailer was in the right lane and I was in the left. From the left lane I had the choice of going straight or making a left. His lane was a straight through only lane. I had planned on going straight through when he decided to make an illegal left in front of me. My plans changed rather abruptly when I hit him just behind the driver's door. He seemed to gun the engine like he was going to run but I guess he forgot about the trailer which got hung up in the bodywork. I dragged him to a stop.

Looking at the pics it looks like I made a random right turn under his trailer. He dragged me all the way around 90 degrees to the left from our original direction of travel. He did get a ticket for the move which has helped speed along the insurance process. I just got done with his insurer 5 minutes ago. I think they want to total it. I will probably fight that. The damage is almost all cosmetic except the heater box he punctured. I don't drive it because it's pretty. I drive it because it's reliable.

Tony

Reply to
Tony

Twas Wed, 21 Apr 2004 16:38:57 GMT when Tony put finger to keyboard producing:

OT but I lost my last Bala recently....

-- Regards. Mark.(AKA, Mr.Nice.) ___________________________________________________________ "To know the character of a man, give him anonymity" - Mr.Nice.

-

Reply to