2003 Disco HSE Becker nav, low light

Greetings all....

I finally traded off my 1995 Range Rover for a 2003 Discovery HSE with the Becker Nav. And, of course, I've got some questions... so hopefully seeking answers from the group.

No navigation CD's were supplied, so I'm curious if they are available after-market. not that big a deal for me as I have a good, portable GPS I can use.

The radio, navigation display lighting is low and very hard to read. I've got the dash brightness up full, but wondered if ther was a "secret" way to increase the brightness.

Anyone know of a way to interface some external audio (iPod or satellite radio), into this system ???

Thanks in advance for any answers or direction....

Regards,

Mike14k

Reply to
Mike14k

I'm not familiar with the nav you're talking about, but if it's related to the backlighting for the radio/CD unit, it's a common problem. The discplay is lit by several tiny bulbs and sme of tem go west regularly. I can't tell you how to fix it, but AIUI it can be done if you are good at soldering etc (it involves removing the head unit and replacing bulbs, but it ain't straightforward). Otherwise, there is a guy somewhere who does them all the time and charges ~100GBP for the service. Google for "disco cd player backlight repair" or somesuch.

Not much help, but maybe some.

Reply to
Rich B

Hey, good typo!