3.9 overheating still

Hi all,

My 3.9 is still overheating a bit. I've tried unblocking the radiator (without removing it, so probably a waste of time), I've replaced the pressure cap as the other one used to hiss. One thing I have noticed that since refilling the system, the heaters blow out cold when the engine is warm. I know thats an airlock, but how do you get rid of it? And would this also be a cause for overheating?

I still havent checked for things like sparkplugs to see if the headgasket has gone inside...havent had time as I've just become a dad for the first time!! Have more pressing things to do, plus the wife wont let me spend anytime on "that thing!"

Thanks, Paul

------------------------------

1992 RR Vogue SE "Arthur" 2005 Baby Girl "Abigail"
Reply to
Pacman

An airlock could well interfere with the pressurising of the coolant but more likely your main problem is elsewhere. Priority is to whip those spark plugs out and see whats what. Congrats on the Abigail, I had one of those arrive almost exactly 10 years ago :D

Regards. Mark.

Reply to
MVP

so Pacman was, like...

Still under warranty, then?

Congratulations. :-)

Reply to
Richard Brookman

Have you ever tried making a warranty claim? No one wants to know, everyone passes it round and makes noises but it always ends up back with you for all repairs and maintenance.

Hear, hear. I wouldn't be without my pair.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

You could make quite a strong case. Always squeaking, leaves a mess on the drive, can't go anywhere without a push...

Reply to
Richard Brookman

But they are all like that sir.

Reply to