3 point belt to replace lap belt

It was along the following lines;

Pope: One of my own predecessors was a bit bonkers, for example he said that muslims are cretins!

Muslims: The pope just said that Muslims are cretins, burn churches!

Pope: Oh FFS I give up.

Somewhat abridged ;-)

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

It slightly undermines their dogma of Papal infallibility doesn't it, except that they have predictably got a cop-out, apparently he's only infallible when he's being infallible... 8-) Greg

Reply to
Greg

|| It slightly undermines their dogma of Papal infallibility doesn't || it, except that they have predictably got a cop-out, apparently he's || only infallible when he's being infallible... 8-)

I wondered that, so I went and looked it up. Apparently, the Pope is only infallible on matters of Church doctrine, and then only in an official announcement (Bull*) and then only when he says he is - which hasn't happened since 18-something. So it's used to settle things like whether Mary was human or divine or whatever. If it's Thursday and the Pope says it's Monday, it's still Thursday.

  • Insert joke here.
Reply to
Richard Brookman

Yes I'd noticed that rather convenient get-out clause, infallible until proven wrong, at which point he wasn't being infallible at all and didn't really mean what he said etc etc etc. What a pile of old s**te. And people think politicians are a bunch of weasels, the organised religions of the world wrote the book on weasel words.

Reply to
Ian Rawlings

Unless he's sitting in the right chair at the right time and says "OK, folks, now I'm being infallible: It's Monday."

Reply to
Torak

At which point, of course, it becomes infallibollocks.

Reply to
Torak

Except on Tuesday.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

"God moves is mysterious circles" is my favourite, the get-out clause to end all get-out clauses.

Richard

Reply to
beamendsltd

|| "God moves is mysterious circles" is my favourite, the get-out || clause to end all get-out clauses.

"God moves in a mysterious way, His wonders to perform."

Reminds me of the Monty Python book that had a school report on God:

"PROGRESS AND CONDUCT: I am afraid that I am severely disappointed in God's work. All three of him have shown no tendency to improve and He merely sits at the back of the class talking to Himselves. He has shown no interest in rugger, asked to be excused prayers and moves in a mysterious way. "

Richard Brookman

Fuck me, thats some funny shit, Python was one of the best. I laughed my bollocks off at some of it!

Reply to
Nige